Pine Cone Cheese Ball
Check out this video to make the easiest but most amazing talking point for your cheesy family and friends this Christmas!
- 2 (8 ounce) packets of Philadelphia or cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces goats cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup whole almonds, or as needed
- 3 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- Stir cream cheese, goat cheese, parsley, tarragon, thyme, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until smooth and well-mixed.
- Turn cheese mixture out onto a serving platter and form into a tapered oval shape to resemble a pine cone.
- Starting at the tapered end, press almonds into the cheese cone so that the tip of the almond is facing out and down, and cheese cone is completely covered with almonds and resembles a pine cone. Place rosemary sprigs at the top to resemble pine needles.
- Take to party, lap up compliments and enjoy!
Brie En Croute
Ok so our recipes may cause you to add on a few pounds this Christmas but by gum they are worth it!!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, pre-packaged
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel Brie
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Defrost puff pastry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and unfold.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Saute the walnuts in the butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Add the cinnamon and stir until walnuts are coated well. Place the walnut mixture on top of the Brie and sprinkle the brown sugar over the mixture. Lay the puff pastry out on a flat surface. Place the brie in the center of the pastry. Gather up the edges of the pastry, pressing around the brie and gather at the top. Gently squeeze together the excess dough and tie together with a piece of kitchen twine. Brush the beaten egg over top and side of Brie. Place Brie on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with crackers and embrace the calories!
Soooo simple yet soooo tasty!! This one is a must for any social gathering - you can use whatever cheese you have left over in the fridge too, there are really no excuses!
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Simmer wine in fondue pot. Add Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, 1/4 pound at a time. Stir after each addition of cheese until melted. Stir in flour. When all the cheese has melted, stir in salt and nutmeg. Serve with cut-up French bread andything else you fancy!